IT Infrastructure Engineer
30th March 2021
10th April 2021
Xandor Automotive Stamford Bridge Ltd, Bridge Works, Stamford Bridge, York, North Yorkshire, YO41 1AL, United Kingdom
- Manage and monitor on-premise and cloud-based Infrastruc-ture to ensure systems are operating with high levels of avail-ability, reliability and security through daily checks and usage of automated monitoring systems.
- Provide technical assistance to the support team with inci-dents and ongoing problems using ServiceDesk and ticket system
- Implementation of Infrastructure technologies that support and benefit the Business
- Ensure IT systems documentation is in place and updated (Di-agrams, Topology, system landscape)
- Procurement of IT hardware and software
- Evaluate new add-value technologies
- Ensure backups and DR procedures and systems are viable, maintained, and regularly tested
- Assist in ensuring IT systems are secure and aligned with best practice
- Provide technical guidance on infrastructure needs and con-tribute to design and improvements.
- Experience working with core Infrastructure (Server hardware, Active Directory, networks, virtualisation, storage, Azure, Windows Server and Linux operating systems)
- Knowledge of VOIP and wireless technologies (MS Teams, Skype for Business, access points, handhelds)
- Working experience with Cisco switches and Wireless LAN Controllers
- Familiarity with IT security systems technologies, best prac-tice and policies
- Understanding of Backup and Disaster Recovery methods (DPM, Azure Backup)
- Ability to work with third parties
- Knowledge of software deployment platform and patch man-agement (SCCM)
- Use and administration of popular SaaS technologies including Office 365
- Experience in firewalls operating principles and management (PaloAlto)
- MSCE/CCNA qualification (Beneficial)
This role involves travel to other national and international sites, a full driving licence is essential.
Working from home will be an option for this role although, we do require flexibility in relation to days required on site.
How to apply
Please apply via our website, using the form below.